All college students worry about paying for their higher education. In addition to scholarships, grants, and loans, on campus part-time jobs help students finance their higher education.

Students who are receiving financial aid may qualify to participate in the  Federal Work Study (FWS) Program. A student’s eligibility is based upon their financial need as determined through the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and is a part of their financial aid award. FWS offers financial aid recipients with subsidized part-time employment opportunities on campus, with a few positions at community service sites.


While FWS positions at HonCC are only available to financial aid recipients, ALL HonCC students who are enrolled/taking six or more credits, and have a minimum GPA of 2.0, are eligible to work on campus.

A current list of on-campus jobs may be viewed via The Student Employment & Cooperative Education (SECE) System. Students may use their UH username and password to view a current list of vacancies. Students should look to see if the posting is for the FWS Program only, or open to all students (UH & FWS).

To learn more about Financial Aid and the Federal Work Study Program, visit the Financial Aid Office on the 1st floor of Building 5.

To learn more about the FWS or on-campus jobs visit the Career Services office located in Building 7, Room 320 or contact Hillary Brown, Student Employment Specialist at (808) 844-2356 or